History of the hs art service austria Group

  • 1994 Anton Höfler and Siegfried Schöffauer found hs art service in Vienna 
  • 1995 The company acquires its own fleet of special vehicles 
  • 1996 Storage space in Vienna expanded by 1,300m² 
  • 1997 New 1,500m² site opens on Slamastrasse in Vienna’s 23rd district 
  • 1997 Innsbruck site opens 
  • 1998 The company Ponte established for the purposes of cultural organisation, and as an 
  • insurance broker 
  • 1999 Graz site opens 
  • 1999 First Austrian company to earn certification under Austrian standard D-1000, which 
  • defines requirements on the transporting of artworks 
  • 1999 Certification as IATA agent (International Air Transport Association) 
  • 2000 Production department established for special packaging 
  • 2000 Membership of ARTIM (Art Transporters International Meeting); on governing board 
  • since 2004 
  • 2002 Relocation to current headquarters at Grossmarktstrasse 6, Vienna 
  • 2003 Recognition from the Republic of Austria as ‘austria’ approved for addition to the 
  • company name 
  • 2004 Admission to the ARTIM steering committee 
  • 2004 Shareholding acquired in igs-hs art service, Slovakia 
  • 2004 In-house customs department established 
  • 2006 Main site in Vienna expanded by over 7,000m² 
  • 2006 e-zoll set up (including bonded warehouse for artworks) 
  • 2009 Development and production of special hs safe II transport boxes in partnership with 
  • the Austrian Research Institute 
  • 2009 Approval as Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) 
  • 2010 Range expanded with Museum and Exhibition Service department 
  • 2012 Further expansion with 11,000m² art warehouse, office studio and storage space and 
  • founding of hs art storage 
  • 2013 Shareholding acquired in artex art services, Prague
  • 2014 Press photo of the year in the art and culture field
  • 2014 Development of limited Edition hs art design products starts
  • 2015 "The Habsburgs" a Major KHM Exhibition tours the USA
  • 2016 New site opens in Salzburg